I hate when the weekend comes to end, don't yall? I always enjoy m,y weekends of relaxation & time with fam & friends.
Friday night we had another movie Friday. The hubby & I went to see The Help. Great movie! Lots of laughs & tears. I truly cannot imagine living in a time like that. Racism is one of my biggest pet peeves. It really boils my blood. I am so glad that we don't live in those times.
Saturday I relaxed during the day while hubby was at work. I did take a pair of my favorite shoes to a shoe repair shop to have the heels repaired. I've never done that so I can't wait to see the results. I should have taken a before picture, but they pretty much looked like this:
I'll post the after pic when I pick the shoes up next weekend!
Saturday night all of the hubby's friends came by & hung out played dominoes. After the guys left we stayed up & watched Storage Wars. Do any of you watch this?
I have a story about this. I have a co-worker that always went to these storage auctions. One day she told me she was going through her latest storage unit items and she across a guest book for a funeral and saw my signature in it. Well come to find out, it was the storage unit that belonged to the deceased father of one of my old high school friends. She was kind enough to save all the important mementos like pictures, medals & awards (he was military) and she brought them to work so I could give them to my friend. How awesome is that? Most people would have just thrown it all out. Ya never know what you're gonna find in those storage units.
Today I had the amazing pleasure of doing a photo shoot of the cheerleaders & dance team from my old high school. Apparently their photographer had a few choice words with the coach & quit and they needed pictures pronto. I happen to be friends with the team mom and she got me in & they were happy since I'm alumni. It was SO hot though. We were going to take the pics indoors but they forgot to have someone come early to open up the gym & turn the ac on. Which meant it was hot & stuffy indoors, so we all just dealt with the 100 degree humid weather outdoors.
After the photo shoot I raced home to get ready for a birthday dinner. The birthday girl picked Applebees since there is never a wait there nowadays. I was SO disappointed. We had a party of 15 and EVERYONE's food came out expect mine. 3 people had already finished eating and mine still wasn't there. I finally told the waitress to cancel my order & I left early. I was determined to make it home in time for True Blood.
Am I only the one that LOVES True Blood? I just can't get enough!
And in one final bit of news. I decided to open an Etsy Shop! I'm going to start selling growth charts! You'll be able to send me 1 or 3 images for your chart.They will be 13"x48" and will measure to 5ft and they will be printed on Photo-tex material. And you can put your child's name on the growth chart! There is a low-tack adhesive on the back for easy hanging & removal. I think they are adorable & I can't wait to get started! They will be $85.00 which includes s&h!
I know there are a lot of these on Etsy & many are much cheaper. But I didn't see any that offered photos of the child! So hopefully there's an interest for this! :)
So check me out or pass this info along to anyone you think might be interested!
Friday night we had another movie Friday. The hubby & I went to see The Help. Great movie! Lots of laughs & tears. I truly cannot imagine living in a time like that. Racism is one of my biggest pet peeves. It really boils my blood. I am so glad that we don't live in those times.
Saturday I relaxed during the day while hubby was at work. I did take a pair of my favorite shoes to a shoe repair shop to have the heels repaired. I've never done that so I can't wait to see the results. I should have taken a before picture, but they pretty much looked like this:
I'll post the after pic when I pick the shoes up next weekend!
Saturday night all of the hubby's friends came by & hung out played dominoes. After the guys left we stayed up & watched Storage Wars. Do any of you watch this?
I have a story about this. I have a co-worker that always went to these storage auctions. One day she told me she was going through her latest storage unit items and she across a guest book for a funeral and saw my signature in it. Well come to find out, it was the storage unit that belonged to the deceased father of one of my old high school friends. She was kind enough to save all the important mementos like pictures, medals & awards (he was military) and she brought them to work so I could give them to my friend. How awesome is that? Most people would have just thrown it all out. Ya never know what you're gonna find in those storage units.
Today I had the amazing pleasure of doing a photo shoot of the cheerleaders & dance team from my old high school. Apparently their photographer had a few choice words with the coach & quit and they needed pictures pronto. I happen to be friends with the team mom and she got me in & they were happy since I'm alumni. It was SO hot though. We were going to take the pics indoors but they forgot to have someone come early to open up the gym & turn the ac on. Which meant it was hot & stuffy indoors, so we all just dealt with the 100 degree humid weather outdoors.
After the photo shoot I raced home to get ready for a birthday dinner. The birthday girl picked Applebees since there is never a wait there nowadays. I was SO disappointed. We had a party of 15 and EVERYONE's food came out expect mine. 3 people had already finished eating and mine still wasn't there. I finally told the waitress to cancel my order & I left early. I was determined to make it home in time for True Blood.
Am I only the one that LOVES True Blood? I just can't get enough!
And in one final bit of news. I decided to open an Etsy Shop! I'm going to start selling growth charts! You'll be able to send me 1 or 3 images for your chart.They will be 13"x48" and will measure to 5ft and they will be printed on Photo-tex material. And you can put your child's name on the growth chart! There is a low-tack adhesive on the back for easy hanging & removal. I think they are adorable & I can't wait to get started! They will be $85.00 which includes s&h!
I know there are a lot of these on Etsy & many are much cheaper. But I didn't see any that offered photos of the child! So hopefully there's an interest for this! :)
So check me out or pass this info along to anyone you think might be interested!


Love the growth chart idea ! I will pass it on to my "soon to be mommy" friends !
ReplyDeleteThanks so much girl! I actually lowered the price now for the first 25 customers. :)
ReplyDelete