(Warning: Very long read because this is an update covering last week & this week!)
I am officially 27 weeks today! The last week of my second trimester.
Baby Lawton is the size of Rutabaga!
(last week she was the size of lettuce!)
(last week she was the size of lettuce!)
Gender: It's a Girl!
Name: SADIE GISELLE LAWTON!!
Due Date: August 6, 2015
Baby Facts:
*She's practicing inhaling and exhaling with her rapidly developing lungs.
* It's official: Baby's showing brain activity!
*She's taking breaths, too. They're of amniotic fluid, not air, but it's still good practice.
*She's practicing inhaling and exhaling with her rapidly developing lungs.
* It's official: Baby's showing brain activity!
*She's taking breaths, too. They're of amniotic fluid, not air, but it's still good practice.
Sleep: Sleep is ok. It's still painful when I flip sides though. Plus I wake up every 2-3 hours for a bathroom break.
Clothes: Dresses & flip flops. I'm looking for some capri leggings though!
Cravings: I still have a very sweet tooth. But now I just want empanadas.
Symptoms: Breaking out everywhere, pain when I sleep, & lower back pain in the mornings. Nothing too serious or painful to be honest.
Medical Update: So let's start with last week. I went in for my routine Tuesday appointment & the doc decided to admit me so that I could get steroid shots over a course of 2 days. This will help the baby's lungs to develop- just in case I deliver early. Steroids can make your blood sugar go up, so they wanted me in the hospital in case that happened (& it did). It was my first time in the hospital & it wasn't so bad until they served me dinner at 4:30 and expected me not to eat til 8 the next morning. I got out Friday and when I got home, I took a shower and slipped getting out. I was SO SCARED. Luckily, I didn't fall all the way to the ground. I somehow did a split and caught myself. I was in so much pain Friday & Saturday. I'm hoping I didn't do any damage, so we'll see next week.
The next appointments will be on Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday. Wednesday we go to Sibley Heart Center to make sure Miss Sadie's heart is ok.
The next appointments will be on Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday. Wednesday we go to Sibley Heart Center to make sure Miss Sadie's heart is ok.
Best Moment of the Week: We've had several best moments!
*Even though I was only in the hospital for 3.5 days I'm thankful for the family & friends that came to visit me (hubby, brother, Samantha, MIL, FIL, Lillian, & Jenn) and all of you who called, text, & messaged me.
*My mom made it back safely from Korea. My cousins & aunts sent us some baby clothes and Sadie already has her first official hanbok.
*We completed our registries at Babies-R-Us & Target! You can look it up online under either of our names.
*Hotel was booked for the baby shower!! June 13th can't get here soon enough.
*Baby shower invites were ordered. Apparently no one cares for paper invites anymore and said evites were fine. So only a small handful of family & friends will get paper invites. Emails will be sent to everyone else (please inbox me your email address if you didn't get an email yet). You can also contact one of the hostesses for info: Samantha, Julye, or Lillian.
*My old friend Jay who advised us he would be buying our baby girl's going home outfit! Again, I'm so thankful for these completely unexpected gifts.
*I received some early Happy Mom-to-Be cards which just made my heart so full!
*Even though I was only in the hospital for 3.5 days I'm thankful for the family & friends that came to visit me (hubby, brother, Samantha, MIL, FIL, Lillian, & Jenn) and all of you who called, text, & messaged me.
*My mom made it back safely from Korea. My cousins & aunts sent us some baby clothes and Sadie already has her first official hanbok.
*We completed our registries at Babies-R-Us & Target! You can look it up online under either of our names.
*Hotel was booked for the baby shower!! June 13th can't get here soon enough.
*Baby shower invites were ordered. Apparently no one cares for paper invites anymore and said evites were fine. So only a small handful of family & friends will get paper invites. Emails will be sent to everyone else (please inbox me your email address if you didn't get an email yet). You can also contact one of the hostesses for info: Samantha, Julye, or Lillian.
*My old friend Jay who advised us he would be buying our baby girl's going home outfit! Again, I'm so thankful for these completely unexpected gifts.
*I received some early Happy Mom-to-Be cards which just made my heart so full!
I can't say this enough- I am so thankful for the thoughtfulness of so many people in our lives. I told hubby yesterday that it amazes me that people I hardly talk to have offered so much and have reached out to me and done such nice things for us. I don't think I'm that great of a person to deserve so much so I think that is why I am really shocked by the generosity. I don't know what I did to deserve so much help, tips, advice, gifts, cards etc from everyone but we are really really thankful!
What I'm looking Forward To: This upcoming week is going to be unbelievably busy.
Saturday we have our first birthing class! I'm really looking forward to this.
Monday-Wednesday not only do we have doctor's appointments, but somewhere in there we (cough cough- hubby & friends) will have to completely empty out 3 bedrooms so that we can rip the carpet out, paint all the rooms, and then have new carpet installed on Thursday in all 3 rooms. I'm overwhelmed just thinking about the massive mess that my house will be in. Friday I wanted to sneak away to a graduation but I may not make it. Then Sunday my goddaughter turns 21 and I SO wanted to take her to the beach but we have to see what the doctor says. I doubt the doctor will give me the ok but all I can do is ask.
Saturday we have our first birthing class! I'm really looking forward to this.
Monday-Wednesday not only do we have doctor's appointments, but somewhere in there we (cough cough- hubby & friends) will have to completely empty out 3 bedrooms so that we can rip the carpet out, paint all the rooms, and then have new carpet installed on Thursday in all 3 rooms. I'm overwhelmed just thinking about the massive mess that my house will be in. Friday I wanted to sneak away to a graduation but I may not make it. Then Sunday my goddaughter turns 21 and I SO wanted to take her to the beach but we have to see what the doctor says. I doubt the doctor will give me the ok but all I can do is ask.
What I Miss: Order. I feel like I can't remember anything and that there is so much to learn and do and prepare for. I am losing my mind trying to decide on the perfect wall color, the perfect bedding, the best stroller, etc. I am a perfectionist so telling me not to worry about it only makes me even more irate & bothered. And being an extremely indecisive person makes all of this even worse! I can't figure out how to redesign our guest room/office, do I want a new bed for our room, do I want stripes, chevron, or wall decals in the nursery? Poor hubby...lol!




LOVE her name!!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!!
ReplyDelete