Baby Lawton is the size of a Cantaloupe!
Gender: It's a Girl!
Name: SGL or SNL (undecided)
Baby Facts:
*Her see-through skin is gradually becoming more opaque.
*And it's got a new pink glow, thanks to the small capillaries that have recently formed.
Sleep: I still dread going to bed. Once I'm sleeping, I'm ok. But rolling to my other side and getting out of bed is the worst! The only time I have pain is getting up in the morning.
Clothes: Leggings/Jeggings/Oversized tops, & flip flops. I'm almost out of clothes to wear so this means more online shopping in my near future. I bought two new pair of shoes online and my feet are too fat for them.
Cravings: Haagen-Dazs Pineapple Coconut ice cream! OMG- I cannot begin to express how fabulous this ice cream is. If you love pina coladas (like I do) this tastes just like the real thing. I can only eat like 1/2 a cup which is pure torture! (Thanks Julye for telling me about this!)
Symptoms: Swollen feet, ankles, calves, & face, breaking out everywhere, dry skin, stretch marks, sore muscles, tired, frequent trips to the bathroom, have to eat less than 50 carbs per meal, check my blood sugar, check my blood pressure, & bedrest. Other than all that, I actually feel fine! No pain except when I initially wake up in the mornings.
Best Moment of the Week: The doc told us at this weeks appointment that everything still looked good. I definitely have to stay on bedrest and continue to take my meds. We also got our first view of her face! It was crazy to see. Unfortunately when they gave us the print out it looked like a blob vs a face. I also enjoyed going over baby shower details with my 3 hostesses (date is set for June 13th, assuming the venue is a go). I also appreciate all the love from fam & friends: Samantha baby sitting me & bringing me meals, Lilian & my mother-in-law coming to hang out with me, Lita bringing me carb free flavors for my water & compression socks, Tee (Keith's godmother) sending me coloring books & crayons to keep me entertained, Daniel & his fiancé for the baby clothes, diapers, & gifts, and so many others who have messaged me telling me they are willing to help out. I should mention that Keith has been absolutely wonderful about taking over everything since I am stuck to a recliner. He's been working, taking care of the house, me, the dog, etc. I know he's running on fumes & I SOOO appreciate it all.
What I'm looking Forward To: Painting the nursery this weekend!! I'm so excited about putting some pink on the walls! And of course, our next appointment on Monday & Tuesday.
What I Miss: Sleeping comfortably, my feet, & my independence. Fashion is a daily struggle. Even if I don't go anywhere, I still get dressed, do my make-up & hair (most days) and between my expanding body and awful skin, it's been a challenge.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!