Thursday, April 9, 2015

23 weeks!




Baby Lawton is the size of a Grapefruit!
Gender: It's a Girl!
Name: SGL (Possible name)

Baby Facts:
*Her face is fully formed!
*She can hear sounds now like my heartbeat, our voices, & the dog barking!
Sleep: I dread going to bed because it is so hard sleeping on my side & it's an act of Congress to roll from left to right. I bought a wedge pillow which helps me to not completely roll over- it's more of a door stopper. I'm about to just start sleeping in the recliner.
Clothes: Leggings/Jeggings/Oversized tops, & flip flops. I'm loving these maternity pants with the stretchy fabric for my growing belly. I've found most maternity fashion is awful & overpriced. So shopping has been difficult.
Cravings: Chocolate!!! But per doctors orders, no sweets. So I have to eat non fat, no sugar, no flavor, fake chocolate pudding. 
Symptoms: Swollen feet, ankles, calves, & face, breaking out everywhere, dry skin, stretch marks, sore muscles, tired, frequent trips to the bathroom, & can't stand for long periods of time. I have to watch my carb/sugar intake and I'm on bed rest. I just sit in the recliner most of the day. Also now I'm starting to smell like a dairy farm. I won't go into much details on that, but I'm sure there are some ladies who can relate & will find that hilarious.
Best Moment of the Week: When the doctor told us meds were working and that baby was doing great. I do have to continue all these meds (I feel like a borderline junkie with all these meds & injections), but if they are working then it is all worth it!
What I'm looking Forward To: Our next appointment on Monday & Tuesday to ensure everything is still going well.
What I Miss: Sleeping comfortably, my feet, & my independence. Not being able to do for myself SUCKS. I love the help & am blessed to have so many people willing to help, but it's hard just sitting here. *Also miss not having to count carbs!

Medical: dealing with Gestational diabetes & short cervix. Prayers for us to make it through please!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you are dealing with gestational diabetes and other issues, that is so stressful. I'm happy to hear your little girl is doing good though! I'm sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's rough but worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS