This past Saturday I went to Atlanta with
my husband & two friends.
We did a recording for Story Corps on our Asian Heritage,
and the audio file will be preserved at the
American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress.
American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress.
It was SUCH an amazing opportunity!
StoryCorps is one of the largest oral history projects of its kind!
StoryCorps is one of the largest oral history projects of its kind!
We discussed growing up Asian- home life,
friends, education, dating, traditions, stereotypes, etc.
It took about 40 minutes at the Atlanta History Center.
I recommend checking out their website and
listening to some of the various stories.
You might find they are recording
in your area as well.
If so- I definitely recommend participating!
By the way- in case you haven't noticed...
I am changing my blog name from
Lawton Lane to A Whimsical Existence!
I felt Lawton Lane was boring and my new blog name
describes me and my life perfectly.
So please be sure to update your bookmarks to
awhimsicalexistence.blogspot.com!
I am changing my blog name from
Lawton Lane to A Whimsical Existence!
I felt Lawton Lane was boring and my new blog name
describes me and my life perfectly.
So please be sure to update your bookmarks to
awhimsicalexistence.blogspot.com!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!