I found this recipe for Paula Deen's bake potato soup for the crockpot.
One of my friend's told me she cooked it on the stovetop for 30 minutes instead of
the crockpot so I decided to do the same thing.
Y'all- this is some GREAT soup!
I could not believe how great it tasted.
What you need:
Ingredients:
1 (30 oz.) bag frozen hash-brown potatoes (squared, southern style)
2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth
1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1/2c chopped onion
1/3 tsp. ground black pepper
1 (8oz) package cream cheese (softened)
Extras:
minced green onion
Bacon Bits
Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream
I poured it all in a big pot except the cream cheese.
Let it cook on high while constantly stirring for about 15 minutes.
Added the cream cheese once the potatoes were no longer frozen.
Cooked & stirred for an additional 15 minutes.
Once done, put it in a bowl, add any extras you like, & voila!
For those who prefer to try the crockpot:
Add all ingredients except cream cheese, cook on low for 5 hours.
Stir in cream cheese & cook for 30 more minutes.


I made a similar recipe recently...it was really yummy!
ReplyDeleteI love Baked Potato Soup! How have you been anyways? Haven't seen any posts in a while!
Delete