Have yall ever heard of a "Dermaplaning Facial?"
I had one done last Friday and I am not sure how I feel about it.
My skin is not perfect at all.
I went to the dermatologist to have a skin tag removed from my neck, and I asked her about laser hair removal and she suggested this facial. She said they basically scrape the first layer of skin (which includes all the peach fuzz), proceed with some facial potions, remove blackheads (which hurt like hell), and finish up with some more facial potions. It took about an hour.
I am happy to report she said that I didn't have nearly as many wrinkles as most 30-somethings.
(I'm 34) I told her it may be due to my Asian genes (my mom). And she said, "Ohhh, the Asian gene. You're lucky!" lol! I asked had she ever heard the phrase "black don't crack" and she cracked up laughing & explained to me why black women's skin has more resilience to sun than the rest of us.
She also told me that people with oily skin need to stop using so many products to get rid of the oil. That I already knew, I definitely embrace my oily skin (it's not super oily by any means, so I don't use anything that drys it up). And she said those Biore strips are useless.
The main difference that I loved was all the hair being gone! I am kind of nervous about it growing back though and I'll end up looking like wolverine. She said the effects should last about a month!

I just LOL'd at the wolverine comment. This is the main reason I'm afraid to get anything other than my eyebrows waxed. I don't want the aftermath to be a fu manchu!
ReplyDeleteHmmmmm sounds kinda scary, but I love me a good facial :)
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of that before, tho I'm kinda scared about my face being ripped off.
ReplyDelete