I'm officially back. I took a little blog break after my friend's husband died. I just literally talked to her, and it's still so sad. One of her boys asked, "Were we not good enough?" Ughh, breaks my heart. I just constantly pray for her & the boys to find peace and strength. I can't imagine the pain & loss.
**************************************************************************
So one of blog besties, Jamie from Life in a Southern Town, re-tagged me for the Liebster Award last weekend! This is how it works:
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. "Liebster" is German and means "beloved", "dearest", and "sweetheart".
How it works:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set and create 11 questions for bloggers you tag.
3. Choose up to 11 bloggers and tag them.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Don't tag the person who tagged you
1. What are your five favorite things about where you live? What are your five least favorite things?
I wouldn't call this place a favorite even though I've been here my entire life. I like that most of my friends & family are here. I do like the weather for the most part, we rarely if ever have any terribly bad weather, or I should say any violent acts of mother nature- no tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, etc. The cost of living isn't bad. My least favorite things would be: no jobs. I have one, but I'm ready for a change and I've been looking for 4 years and I can't find anything. Nothing to do, other than eat. I'm not a clubber anymore so that doesn't appeal to me. The racism is crazy. It's not blatant, but everyday when I read the local news website I read the comments and I hate how everyone makes everything about race instead of about the person.
2. If you could go back in time and be any age again, what age would you choose and why?
I would choose 26, back in 2004. Why? Because instead of spendig X-thousand dollars on a wedding, I would take all that money and buy as many shares of google as possible. That's when their shares went public @ $85 per share. I'd be a rich bitch right now! lol!
3. If you had to spend a day doing volunteer work, what charity would you choose and why?
I'd pick either a homeless shelter or animal shelter. In this great country of ours, with it's millions of rich people, I can't for the life of me understand how we can let any American be homeless and hungry. I'm not saying we need to buy them all homes, but damn. When the CEO of Oracle can buy a Hawaiian island for $500 million, I think that he could also spare a few dollars and buy a damn trailer park for the homeless so we don't have VETERANS sleeping on the street. (Can you tell this subject gets me irate?)
4. If you had unlimited financial resources, what one store would you choose for a shopping spree?
Now this is hard. I'd probably START with Christian Louboutin and buy a shitload of red bottoms. LOL!This is my "when I hit the mega millions" pair that I want. They're about $6k. (Of course, this is after I help the homeless people!)
5. Do you have any tattoos? If yes, tell me about them.
Yes I have 5. My first tattoo is on my back right shoulder blade of mickey mouse and my name. I loved MM as a kid. My second tattoo is a Chinese character on my left ankle that says "good & beautiful." It probably means fat ankles though, who knows, Ha! A group of friends & I all got this on our ankles together. My third tattoo is a butterfly on my left shoulder. I loved it for years, but now I want it removed. I wear a lot of sleeveless dresses and shirts so it's not so cute anymore imo. My 4th tattoo is on my back and it says "bella donna", Italian for beautiful woman. My 5th tattoo is the hubby's initials, KL, behind my ear. That one hurt like a mofo. I felt like I was getting a tattoo on my skull.
I need to get this retouched. Now that I see it in a picture, it looks faded!
6. What is your biggest vice?
Definitely cigarettes. Bad habit I picked up as a teen.
7. What are your three favorite daily blog reads?
I like so many, but 3 that I check daily would be Jasmine Star's photography blog. Her photography is amazing and she writes so well! Hostess with the Mostess is another favorite. I get a lot of great ideas & inspiration from here. And Better After is amazing! I love seeing amazing before & after pictures!
8. If you have a significant other, how did you meet him/her? If you're single, what's the most interesting way you've ever met someone you've dated?
Through mutual friends. His childhood friend was dating my childhood friend. And when they got married, he was the best man and I was the moh. Now, 10 years later, they're divorced and we're married! lol!
9. Tell me about the most memorable vacation you've ever taken.
Our honeymoon in Italy was the best! It was our first time there, we didn't speak a lick of Italian, and we had a blast. We started in Venice for 5 days. It was gorgeous! We then traveled by train to Florence. While in Florence we also visited San Marino & Pisa. From Florence we traveled by train to Rome. We spent our last week here and of course went to Vatican City as well. We met so many nice people, ate some fabulous food, saw a lot of beautiful churches and buildings, and did a lot of picture taking!
10. Post three pictures and explain why you picked them to post.
This is a pre-par-tay pic of me & some friends on my 30th birthday. I should say this is "pre-glam." We bbq'd at a friend's house and then a party bus came & picked up me & 34 friends and we partied that night away in Atlanta.
This pic cracks me up. It's me dolled up for our annual company Christmas party. My forehead looks huge and make-up is a tad on the drag queen side.
Me & my brother in Tampa a few years back. My hair was super red and I loved it!
11. What is your dream job? If you're working your dream job, why is it your dream?
My dream job would be anything that makes me happy. It's hard to find a job that makes you truly happy! I'd love to be a professional writer, or fashion designer, or activist for the homeless/animals, actress, social media guru, etc.






I have one tattoo I want to get removed too...I now hate it.
ReplyDeleteOMG, the newspaper allows comments here too and it's SO annoying. EVERYTHING gets made into a racial thing and it makes my blood boil.
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing along, girl :)
The newspaper here allows comments online and the same thing happens. I sometimes wonder if we are still living in the 1950s. It makes my blood boil!
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing along, girl :)