The last 2 days I tried some new recipes I found on pinterest. Let me just say I am not a great cook. So if I try a recipe it has to be easy!
The first one I tried on Sunday was Cowboy Casserole aka Tater Tot Casserole.
I will say, you MUST let the tater tots thaw. Even though they got cooked while in the oven, they still had a a frozen taste. I thought this recipe was bland. Hubby added hot sauce & ketchup to his, but I still didn't care for this one too much.
Monday I made Corn, Tomatoe, & Cheddar pie.
I loved this! But I am huge fan of tomatoes & corn. I accidentally forgot the chives which I think was a big mistake. It probably would have made it even better.
I'm being lazy & dont feel like posting the pics I took of the step-by-step process. But you can click on the pin to get the idea!

I pinned the cowboy casserole to try out soon but I think this changed my mind! Too much work for bland food!!
ReplyDeletei think they both look great but if i try to make the first one i will make sure to add some spices!
ReplyDelete