Weird post title I know. So let's start first with the virus. This has been the second time in a year that one of the hubby's friend's have used our computer & next thing you know there's a virus. To say I was irate is an understatement. I spent 4 hours last night removing it.
I announced to all the guys (because of course they were all there for Monday Night football) that all internet privileges have been suspended indefinitely! HA!
If you see "Win 7 Antivirus 2012"...it's a virus!!
Now on to the racist topic.
My friend was out shopping & came across a car with the most unbelievable bumper sticker ever! I am just SO shocked that someone could drive around town with this.
If you're from the south, then you know the Confederate flag is a hot topic of discussion.
Some people say its racist & some it's heritage.
IDK. I haven't taken the time out to research the history. But I do know a lot of racist hate groups use this as one of their flags of choice, so it is offensive to a lot of people.
I digress...so my friend saw this bumper sticker on a car:
So is this saying, if you had picked your own cotton, instead of bringing slaves over from Africa, we'd have no black people here? I'm not sure if that's the right interpretation but that's how I take it.
The blatant racism in the south is VERY much alive. I'm sure it's everywhere...but it's blatant here and I can't stand it. It's my #1 pet peeve.
Our neighbors that live directly behind us, once hung up a confederate flag on the back of their shed. So that every time we opened our back door, that was the first thing we saw. I wanted to hop the fence and set the flag on fire! Hubby told me leave it alone. I just don't get how he can be so calm. He literally has seen so much racism but doesn't do anything about it which pisses me off to the 10th power!! Once while at work his Asian female coworker told him he was a "dumb ninja" (<-- she didn't say ninja though!) He of course said something to her, but it took a LOT for me to not drive up to that job & kick her @ss. Do you know what the owner did? Sent her to customer service training class. THAT'S IT! How can you not suspend or fire someone for that? I could go on & on with the many situations that my husband has been through.
He is obviously the calm one in this relationship. IDK what made our neighbors remove the flag, but about a week later they did. This topic infuriates me!
It's easy for people to SAY racism is dead or people should get over slavery. But unless you truly understand the history and things that black Americans have to go through, then you don't get it. It most certainly has a major effect on why you may see more black people on welfare, not as educated, higher crime rates, etc. And that statement is not meant to offend, it's just a fact.
I could could go on & on but maybe I'll save that for another post.
Enjoy your Tuesday!

woah ! I can not believe people are still so ignorant ! I have see the flag up here in Virginia as well and it makes me sick !
ReplyDeleteOh how I know girl.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how ignorant and blatant people are about their racism. Big Man is the same way when someone says something racist. I always want to flip my shit because I don't want to see him hurt but he stays calm.