We had some friends over last night and of our friends is now dating a pilot!
She doesn't do it professionally, just for her own enjoyment.
After we all drilled her for like an hour about everything from going to school, the plane, the places she gets to go when she wants...
I am SO looking into flight school!
She was telling us she just plans her routes, calls the airports ahead of time, and can land (usually at no charge) at any airport. She doesn't have to go through security check points. She just picks up & goes to Tampa for the weekend, or Chicago, or wherever she wants!
I was just so amazed that this young girl owns her own plane & can literally fly wherever & whenever. Her plane can hold 6 people so she's able to have a girls weekend in Vegas, or take the family to the beach, etc.
So I checked out classes, and it would cost me close to $10k. Yes that's a LOT of money, but I figure that's way less than it cost me to go to college and I'd probably get more use out of having a license than my degrees lol!
Second issue is that planes are pretty much the same price as a house. But, she did tell us that we could share a lease with another person or rent planes. So that's still cheaper than having to buy for individual flights.
This plane is $400k! EEEEK!
So since I'm not ballin like that, I guess I'll have to stick to commercial flights for now...
Or just hope that my friend marries this girl! lol!
Have a great weekend all!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!