Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Party Recap

This past Saturday we went to my company Christmas party. They did a great job this year and held it at a huge convention center and it was divided into 3 separate rooms for all the various crowds & different taste in music.

There was a room with a DJ that played all the current music for the younger crowd, a band that played oldies for the older crowd, and a band in a room for the middle aged people. There were almost 4000 people there in all!

There was another huge room with several buffet lines set up for food. There was so much food & desserts! Very very nice set up.

I tried to take pics for the blog but as soon as I pulled my phone out to take the 1st pic, my phone died! BOO!

Before we left the house, I did manage to snap a few pics.
I went to MAC & my friend Tamara hooked me up again.
She did a fabulous job!
I told her just do whatever & she did a dark smokey eye with lashes of course.

 I have got to teach myself how to do this!
I love getting dolled up!

 Notice I still had some curls before I got dressed.
 

Hubby & I
(See, the curls fell... I was pissed! Oh well!)
Tamara couldn't do my hair this time do to her schedule so I attempted to curl it myself with a flat iron. I even went to YouTube to pull up some videos to teach myself. More power to you girls that can do it,  because I can't seem to get it. EVER!
(excuse the hubby's doo-rag, he took it off before we got to the party! LOL!)


The dress I'm wearing is by Applebottom! Holla!! My first & only piece of clothing I've ever bought from that line, but it is absolutley fabulous. The rouching hides everything! There is actually a gold apple medallion that hangs from the front of the dress, but it easily folds over into the dress which I was very happy about. I got it from Macy's on a whim and I am just so so happy with it! I paired this with some gold Jessica Simpson heels. #DivaMode HA!

MAKE-UP TIPS
If you call the MAC counter to make an appointment, they will tell you the cost is $50 in products. However, you can ask for them just to do your eyes and then you only need to spend $30 on products. Make sure you ask because they rarely advertise this! 
I always do my own foundation & powder anyways so this is no big deal for me!

If you're wearing dark eye shadow & you want fake lashes, go with lashes that are bit more longer.Otherwise they won't show up that well. As you can see in the first pic, the lashes look really long. I actually picked out a more realistic pair that had a "natural" length & Tamara convinced me to go with the longer lashes. 

As you can see in the rest of the pics, they actually don't look as long when my eyes are open.
So it gave me just the right amount of glam! :)

2 comments:

  1. SSSSSEEEEEXXXXYYYYYY!!
    You guys look amazing and your makeup and dress are killing it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you look hot! Love your eyeshadow, gorgeous! Sounds like a great party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS