Tuesday, April 19, 2011

5 day recap

Since my last post was Thursday, here's a recap of the last 5 days...

We actually ended up canceling our usual Thursday night dinner last week so no pics to show. Hopefully we'll get back to the dinners next week.


Friday would have been my dad's 72nd birthday. He died in 2000 and I miss him like crazy. Here's a picture of us (right before he died) at my undegrad college graduation.

Excuse the quality! This was back in 2000 and all I had was one of those Kodak one time use cameras!


Saturday was the hubby's grandmother's 80th birthday! We went to his parent's house for a bbq with family. My in-laws can cook some serious food! We had a good time with his family.


 hubby & grandmother
 ribs, potato salad, deviled eggs, baked beans, corn, meatballs, etc!

The in-laws pup Marco...he is too cute! 
Too bad Bebe doesn't care for him though! lol

Sunday the hubby spent the day doing homework and I went to a friend's son's football game. I wasn't to happy about it though. I understand the teams are formed by age, but I think they should do it by height & weight class like boxing.

I was watching a game between the Giants & Patriots, all 12 year olds. Well the Giants had HUGE players and the Patriots had tiny players. I watched as one of the Giants tackled a kid from the Patriots and it knocked the kid out. COLD. He just laid there & the adults went crazy. The mom ran out onto the field, people starting booing and yelling! The kid finally came to after a while but the fans were not happy. People were screaming "kick them out of the league" and they booed the whole team at the end of the game. The parents of the Giants applauded their kids. It was just a mess! I felt bad for them all.



Monday I started my new work schedule. I picked it, but now I'm not so sure about it. I'll be working M, T, W, & F from 930-730 and Thursdays I'll have a 1/2 day and work 11-3. This week won't be so bad because we have Friday off. So I'll give it some time & see if I can adjust.

Speaking of Friday I'm planning on surprising the hubby by taking him to see the Hawks vs Orlando in the playoffs! He is going to be SO happy! I told him to take 1/2 the day off and that we were going to Atlanta. I'm sure he knows already because he keeps mentioning the only thing going on in Atlanta is the playoff game. I told him to wear a suit to throw him off but the hubby's a smart cookie! lol! I'm kind of excited myself because it will be my first NBA game.

Prior to the game though I'm "planning" to go to the matinee to watch "Water for Elephants." I've read on so many blogs how good the book is and the hubby isn't too interested in seeing it. Have any of you ever gone to the movies solo? I used to be totally against it but one of my friend's told me she does it a lot and I tried it once and it was actually not so bad! So, Friday I'll be going solo to see this movie!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS