I hope everyone had a fun weekend. I had yet another busy busy weekend. Friday night the hubby and I went out to dinner. He had a craving for Mexican and that was a terrible idea! It did not agree with me at all. It tasted great but that night I certainly paid for it. :(
Saturday was a loooong day. I had a training class for the part time corporate job that was from 8:30-10:30am! I was so tired and irritated. Have you ever been in a training class or even a college class, and the actual lesson is over and when it's time for questions people just keep asking & asking questions?!! Some are valid which I don't mind, but some are just ridiculous!
After the class I headed over to my mom's to help her paint her bedroom. Usually painting one room takes what, maybe 2-3 hours, including moving the furniture. Not with my mom! She is a semi-hoarder! lol! She has so much stuff in her room it took us 2 hours just to clear it out. My brother & I painted while she was cooking DINNER for us (mind you I got there at 1pm). After painting, the hubby came by to install a new light fixture for her room. After we moved the furniture back in, cleaned up, and ate dinner, it was 9:30pm! I was exhausted! I am so mad I didn't take any before or after pictures! Her room was originally a pale peach color (last time it was painted was in 1977) and we painted it a light lilac color. So much better now! I would say I can't believe she waited that long, but after moving all that furniture in & out I totally understand! HA!! She told me we should have painted around the furniture- which I am sad to say she has done in the past! I laughed so hard when she actually did this to her dining room!! Y'all I am NOT KIDDING- She actually painted around her china cabinet! Thank god she got new carpet installed about 2 years ago and we got to repaint the entire dining room. In her defense, she did a good job painting around it because you couldn't really tell unless you stood on either side of the china cabinet. And lord knows after painting her bedroom I was thinking, maybe she was right. LOL!
Today the hubby & I played tennis. I have been bugging him to play tennis with me since we started dating in 2002! And today was finally the day. I don't know why we chose to play at 3pm- it was SO hot! I had to take 4 breaks because I thought I was going to pass out from a heat stroke. It was a lot of fun though and we plan to play more (since we had to go buy him a tennis racket today). And definitely no pictures from tennis because I looked a hot mess. My face was so red from the heat!
Is that a scary tennis court or what? It's the tallest tennis court & located in Dubai.
I would NEVER play on this court!
************************************************
In other news, I like to ask y'all to pray for Megan & her husband, from In This Wonderful Life, as they are having baby Cohen today. If you don't know their story click HERE to read.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!