I am officially making a return to the blogging world to announce that we are FINALLY pregnant!
After 10 years of marriage, it finally happened.
We found out on November 30th after I took an at-home test.
So as of today, I am 14 weeks and the baby is a size of a lemon!
We had a blood test done to check for down syndrome & everything came back ok!
Hallelujah!
I have to say I've been lucky and haven't had too many issues.
I've probably had a total of 15 minutes of morning sickness the entire first trimester.
I've only had a few cravings: banana flavored ice cream pops & those fruit in jello cups.
I am tired a lot and don't feel like doing much.
I go to the bathroom a lot now...so much so that hubby & I have switched sides of the bed
so that I can be closer to the bathroom. We both hate it but it is more convenient.
We do know the sex of the baby but we're not announcing it just yet.
Still trying to figure out how we want to do that.
I am so thankful to everyone who prayed for us all these years.
I just never thought this day would come.
Sometimes I still can't believe it and sometimes I question if it's right since I am
37 years old. But I know everything is done on God's time!
For those suffering with infertility, let me tell you the various things I did:
My hubby & I have been together for 13 years (since I was 24)!
We have tried for kids since then (yes, even before we were married).
We went to various doctors and fertility specialists.
One doctor finally told me (after an HSG test), both of your tubes are blocked and
you will have to have IVF to have children.
There was just no way I wanted to finance an expensive procedure that might not work.
I've had two friends who did that & it didn't work.
So, I researched and read articles online like crazy.
I read where some women got pregnant after the HSG because the dye from the test actually opened their tubes somehow.
I read where some women said taking metformin helped them get pregnant.
So I asked my doctor to put me on that (500mg once a day).
I've never had a normal cycle to save my life- sometimes I'd get it once a year, sometimes I'd get it for 3 months straight, etc. So for that, I decided to try this stuff called FertilAid.
FertilAid suggested taking 3 pills a day- which I did for about 2 weeks, but then I dropped down to one pill a day for the next two weeks.
I promise you, not even a month later my cycle was finally normal. I stopped taking the pills, and my
cycle came every month like clock work which was a miracle for someone who had never
experienced that.
I also bought an ovulation kit from Amazon and used that. For me that wasn't a big help. I stopped using this after about 6 months.
And finally, I went to the Dollar Tree and bought LOTS of pregnancy tests.
Because anyone in our shoes knows, buying the nice tests adds up.
I would buy like 20-30 at a time and tell the cashier they were for a baby shower game.
And like many other stories out there- I finally just gave up thinking about it.
I just figured, "forget it, we're just not gonna have kids, I'm over 35 so it's too late".
And then BAM, I'm pregnant.
I honestly think it was a combination of the HSG test, the metformin, and the FertilAid.
I feel the HSG test did do something to my tubes, the daily metformin for the last 5+ years, and then finally the FertilAid to regulate my cycle did the trick. (I started the FertilAid in late 2013 so I actually got pregnant a little over a year after starting these pills).
I'm no doctor, so of course you have to do your own research.
What worked for me may not work for you.
Anyways, I hope this info is helpful to someone out there.


Congratulations girl!!!!!!! I"m so happy for you:) I struggled with Infertility for 3 years....much shorter than you but still, it sucked! You will be an amazing mommy!
ReplyDeleteThank you SO very much!!!
Delete