(Part 3 of Maui)
Monday was our last day in Maui ; it was officially my mom's 60th birthday!
Monday was our last day in Maui ; it was officially my mom's 60th birthday!
So naturally, we let her decide what she wanted to do.
What does she pick?
Wal-Mart!
Norwegian is really great about providing free shuttles at every port
to all the various rental car places and stores.
So we hoped on the free Wal-Mart shuttle and off we went.
Even the driver joked that he is always amazed at how many
people fly across the world, come to Hawaii, & go to Wal-Mart.
There were lots of Australians on our cruise ship, so many of them
had never been to a Wal-Mart so they were very excited! lol!
I will say, the cost of souvenirs is a lot cheaper than you would
find at the local stores. Which is good for our pockets, but bad for the
local small business owners.
We tried to keep that in mind when we shopped.
Hawaii has a huge Asian population, so Wal-mart caters to that.
There was octopus, squid, and various hard to find spices.
My mom was in Heaven!
After some shopping we decided to go back to the ship to go swimming.
I can't believe we went 5 days with no beach action!
I ordered this monogrammed hat from Southern Prep Co.
Perfect for Hawaii!
While we were in the pool, NCL (Norwegian Cruise Line) sent
over one of their "party starters."
These are basically people who initiate activities- in our case it was water volleyball.
Normally I wouldn't play because I'm on 5'1" which means I can't jump to high-
especially in water!
We had SO much fun playing with the other guests though.
Some people got too serious and thought we were going to win a grand prize, lol!
Afterwards the multiple games of water volleyball, we hung out in the jacuzzi.
At about 6pm, the ship started to set sail to our next destination, Hilo.
So for the remainder of the night on the ship, my brother & hubby went to the
"Gold Rush Bar"to watch football.
My mom & I head down to a lei making class.
We were provided with Kukui nuts, ribbon, & wire.
I totally could NOT make this necklace.
I gave up but my mom insisted that she could make them.
So she took my supplies & her supplies back to her room.
About an hour later we were meeting up for dinner & what did my mom have around her neck?
Her finished necklace, lol!
Views of leaving Maui:
Resting after dinner before the show of the night:
Snack before the show:
The theme for this night's show was Moulin Rouge.
The performers on this ship are really amazing!
We loved the music, costumes, & dancing!
Up next: Hilo

I love that monogrammed hat! I think I will be ordering one of those for our Florida trip!!
ReplyDelete