*3 months later I know, but better late than never*
I journaled each day we were in Hawaii, and thank God I did because
although I would like to think I have a great memory, I actually don't.
So on on day 2 in Hawaii (Friday), I woke up at 7am (which is 1 pm est).
We still had the rental car so the plan was to go to the Alhoa Stadium Swap Meet.
Unfortunately, I didn't check the schedule so when we go there, it was closed.
I heard this is a great place to buy souvenirs, so if you plan to go,
make sure to check their schedule!
So since we had about 2 hours to kill we decided to so some shopping.
We headed down to the shopping area near our next excursion-
the catamaran cruise I booked for us.
I booked our catamaran sail via Groupon with Makani Catamaran.
I highly recommend using sites like Groupon & Living Social
when traveling because you can find some amazing deals.
A few snapshots before we set sail:
![]() |
| The birthday girl! |
![]() |
| Me, Mom, & Brother |
![]() |
| Me & Hubby (omg my legs are whiter than the clouds! EW!) |
![]() |
| Silly lol |
If you watch Whale Wars then you'll appreciate this photo!
![]() | ||
| The real Sea Shepherd! |
![]() |
| Our catamaran |
I recommend packing some snacks, a lunch, or even bringing some to-go
food if you take this sail. They did have snacks & drinks for sale but as always,
it will be much cheaper if you bring your own.
Is this gorgeous or what!?
![]() | |||
| Our view as we set sail! |
People surfing nearby:
Good times!
We came across a group of Spinner Dolphins!
There were probably about 30+ dolphins just spinning & jumping out of the water.
We then went out close to Diamond Head.
I wish we have actually drove here but this was good enough for now!
![]() |
| Beautiful! |
On the way back, hubby & brother took a nap.
Hubs got a little sea sick.
I definitely recommend buying Ginger Gum!
Before we left for Hawaii, I stocked up on Ginger Gum, Dramamine, Tums,
Excedrin, & Pepto. Ya just never know when you're gonna feel sick
& I the cost was much cheaper buying this stuff before we left vs when we go there.
![]() |
| Taking a nap (Yes, while holding a cup in his hand! Ha!) |
Once we got back to land, we headed to a nearby park.
My mom is obsessed with Hawaii's trees.
I have to admit I kinda feel in love with the foliage myself.
![]() |
| Beautiful Tree! |
The most amazing trees I've ever seen!
They're called Banyan Trees.
Later on in the evening my brother had arranged a dinner with someone we
work with that happens to live in Honolulu.
He took us out to eat at a cool burger joint overlooking downtown Honolulu.
After dinner we walked to a resort on the beach that was filled
with shops and music.
The nightlife in Honolulu is fabulous!
There is truly something to do for everyone.
![]() |
| I think we did the "hang ten" sign in every picture possible! lol |
Oh how I love (& miss) Hawaii!


































No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!