Today the doorbell rang & this cute young lady was standing there with an "Elite" shirt on & a clipboard. I thought, "Hereeee we go"! I knew she was selling something.
First my dog went crazy & wouldn't stop barking even as we were both outside.
She suggested we go inside & I said, Um no I will just let her come outside.
So she went on about how she worked for a company called Elite &
that they were an authorized ADT dealer.
She said she could hook us up with $1500 in equipment for free in exchange for free advertising- meaning we'd have to keep a yard sign up & the monthly monitoring fee would be $45 a month.
As she was talking she started talking & asked me for some water.
Hmmm...against my better judgement, I allowed her to come in.
However- I knew hubby would be home in a few minutes.
We sat at my dining room table & we continued to chat.
Then I basically told her what she was saying sounded great, however I needed to verify her & the company she worked for. She showed me her business license & badge. Told me they went to our local police department and they scanned copies of their drivers license, etc.
I memorized the business license & I had planned to call & verify.
But a quick google search gave me enough info to know they're legit but they have all kinds of hidden fees. They are based out of Utah so I think it's strange they send people door to door & ship their salesman across the US to sell.
Have you had these people come to your door?
I think it's time for a no soliciting yard sign!

I never let anyone in my house unless the hubby is home, if they're legit or not...some people are creepers.
ReplyDeleteHaha!!! This TOTALLY happened to us over the weekend! Except we ended up with a massive system installed and a $54/month bill! Yikes! Ah well, Daddy D wanted it bad and, with baby boy coming, we need something like this in our new pad. Hope you are doing well, LC! Thanks for stopping by this week...I've missed you!
ReplyDelete