Monday, March 26, 2012

Home Office Makeover!

This weekend we worked on my home office! 
I should be set up to work from home some time this week (or next).

Friday I picked up the paint- which is Bleached Denim by Behr.
We moved all of the stuff out the room, patched a hole that was caused by the door knob, 
& installed a door stopper.

Here are the before pics.
My previous home office was a horrible mix of everything. 
Dark wood, light wood, medium wood, white, etc.

 My desk area was super messy!

 I loved the wall color & photos I had hanging up- but that's about it.

 Black sheer panel had to go!
 more of my mess!

My hoarder-ness!lol

The patched hole- forgot to take a before pic.

Patched hole & door stopper

Repainted this too!

Saturday my mom & I ventured to Ikea in Atlanta.
I got up at 7am & we were on the road by 8:30.
It was our first time there- &we were there almost 4 hours!
When I got home, hubby got to work with a friend putting it together & I took the above chest of drawers outside & started painting it. 

And here is the After:
New paint on the walls & desk in place!

I love this desk!


 Repainted Chest of Drawers!
3 cans of spray paint-
I didn't sand. 
I didn't even take the drawers out or the stuff in the drawers out. 
LOL! I was tired so this is how it turned out.
I plan to get new knobs of course.
And new face plates for all the outlets.




Moved my memo board to the back corner &
 I want to get a vinyl wall decal for the other empty wall.


Moved arrangement to the opposite wall.
I plan to put in new pics in those empty frames.

Total cost so far- $385.
$85 for paint & materials (I had a $50 gift card so actually $35)
$290 @ Ikea for desk, shelving unit, misc office items.
$60 gas to & from Atlanta.

I still want to get:
new curtains
faceplates
knobs
light fixture
rug
wall decal
side table for printer 

But other than that, what do yall think?
How'd we do?

6 comments:

  1. It looks great!!!
    I love IKEA. I need to get back up there ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great!!!
    I love IKEA. I need to get back up there ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I love the color and all the shelving!! You did an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new office makeover, it's quite the transformation! Love the desk, IKEA makes the best stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome.
    I love all the white against that blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your shelving arrangements... I suck at that kind of stuff! I especially love how you displayed your shoes {are those your wedding shoes?} I wore some hot pink ones and they would probably look cute displayed like that too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS