I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Mine was spent relaxing (sort of).
The best way to spend it of course.
Friday the hubby and I stayed in.
He had a "friend" come over who got me all riled up talking politics.
He had a "friend" come over who got me all riled up talking politics.
I wouldn't even really call what he said a political discussion.
Somehow I brought up Obama's name & he went OFF.
He started saying Obama's the anti-Christ & Martin Luther King ain't sh!t!
He said they were in the Illuminati.
CRAZY!
This guy thinks every famous person is in the "Illuminati."
He started going on & on about the "books" & the Bible says Obama is the anti-Christ.
I asked him to please show me where in the Bible those words were &
who wrote these "books" that he's getting his info from.
Look, I don't care who you like or don't like as president, but that type of behavior is just extreme.
I was mad! We were both literally yelling at the tops of our lungs!
We weren't even arguing politics, we were arguing the conspiracy crap that he believes in.
Then he went on & on about Whitney Houston, Jay Z, P Diddy, & almost every other famous person being in it.
He started talking about Pepsi being the anti-Christ too.
He got mad because I just refused to believe what he was saying, without proof.
He stormed out & the hubby's other friends who were there just busted out laughing
& said I was too rough on him.
How was I being rough?
I just said show me the proof.
I'm sure the government knows thing that they don't tell us, that religious groups have secrets, &
that there are secret societies out there- but I am not going to start lining my roof with tin foil, storing water, & buying weapons.
This "friend" actually stockpiles food, is building a bunker on his property, & has gas masks, etc.
That's just crazy in my opinion.
I feel like if God wants to the end the world, then it's my time to go.
I wouldn't want to be the last man standing anyways.
I'm not Will Smith, and this aint "I am Legend."
Moving along...
Saturday I intended to get a mani/pedi, get my taxes together, and do some shopping...
and then I got stuck watch Whitney Houston's 4 hour funeral.
How I allowed myself to sit there for 4 hours is beyond me!
It was a very nice service, but I know those people were hungry as hell after 4 hours.
It rained here Saturday so hubby & I went out to eat at Red Robin...Yummm.
Afterwards we popped into TJ Maxx.
As we were leaving I saw my ex-bff. I hadn't seen her in 11 years.
We locked eyes and it didn't hit me til after she passed me who she was.
AWKWARD.
She is now happily married to the douchebad that I dated in college.
They were screwing behind my back.
In hindsight, I am very thankful they did that because
I wouldn't have met the wonderful man I am married to now!
Funny how things work out.
Yesterday we went to Lowe's to buy the last faceplate to complete the living room.
Those suckers add up once you start replacing them.
I am SO glad we finally finished that.
Being in Lowe's is bad...it makes you start thinking about all the things you want to fix or replace.
Home renovations aren't in the budget this year, unless it's minor, like painting.
Yall I am sad to admit that we still haven't finished are floors and we installed them in 2010.
We have red tape all over the place & it drives me crazy.
Hubby forgot to budget the cost of trim originally, so we left the red tape down to secure the floors
until the trim was installed.
I've been secretly peeling off the tape...
although I know it needs to be there.
Everytime we have an extra $500 to spare something comes up.
Now we've got to pay off this Hawaii cruise by July 30 so we might be seeing another year of red tape.
(I'll update this post later with a pic of the "red tape.")
And I still have no curtains or pics on the wall!
I haven't found the perfect piece and now I am thinking about repainting the living room-
hubby will die if I tell him I want to repaint! Ha!
Click HERE & HERE to see my living & dining room area.
I need to do an updated post because I've moved the living room furniture around.
And I have some pillows & a mirror.
I need to bring in some color other than brown!
I hope you enjoyed this random post.
I just realzied it's a bit all over the place.
It rained here Saturday so hubby & I went out to eat at Red Robin...Yummm.
Afterwards we popped into TJ Maxx.
As we were leaving I saw my ex-bff. I hadn't seen her in 11 years.
We locked eyes and it didn't hit me til after she passed me who she was.
AWKWARD.
She is now
They were screwing behind my back.
I wouldn't have met the wonderful man I am married to now!
Funny how things work out.
Yesterday we went to Lowe's to buy the last faceplate to complete the living room.
Those suckers add up once you start replacing them.
I am SO glad we finally finished that.
Being in Lowe's is bad...it makes you start thinking about all the things you want to fix or replace.
Home renovations aren't in the budget this year, unless it's minor, like painting.
Yall I am sad to admit that we still haven't finished are floors and we installed them in 2010.
We have red tape all over the place & it drives me crazy.
Hubby forgot to budget the cost of trim originally, so we left the red tape down to secure the floors
until the trim was installed.
I've been secretly peeling off the tape...
although I know it needs to be there.
Everytime we have an extra $500 to spare something comes up.
Now we've got to pay off this Hawaii cruise by July 30 so we might be seeing another year of red tape.
(I'll update this post later with a pic of the "red tape.")
And I still have no curtains or pics on the wall!
I haven't found the perfect piece and now I am thinking about repainting the living room-
hubby will die if I tell him I want to repaint! Ha!
Click HERE & HERE to see my living & dining room area.
I need to do an updated post because I've moved the living room furniture around.
And I have some pillows & a mirror.
I need to bring in some color other than brown!
I hope you enjoyed this random post.
I just realzied it's a bit all over the place.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!