I had a crazy weekend!
It started out normal, Friday hung at the house with hubby.
Saturday got a mani/pedi with a friend, when to a house warming party that night.
Sunday....
Went to the gym.
That's when it went to hell.
To make a long story short, we joined the gym the last week of Jan. They told hubby the first payment wouldn't be due until March. We go in today & they said we owe $35 each because we didn't pay the $10 monthly fee by Feb 14th. An argument started & it ended with me "going off" on the employee (to put it nicely). It was not good.To sum it up- read allll the fine print. These gyms advertise $10 a month & no contract but it's BS.
After the gym I had a photoshoot which went well, but as I was leaving
my goddaughter Ali called me.
She asked me if I could take her shopping because her sorry ass mom couldn't.
I told her I'd meet her at TJ Maxx & when she got there she looked like hell.
She had on men's basketball shorts, a tank top, and oversized run down men's coat, & flip flops.
Her mom has been promising to buy her money when she got her tax refund back & then apparently the Dept of Education seized her refund since she was in default on her student loans.
Ali had been living with her aunt for the last few years while her sorry ass mom was getting her life together. Right before Christmas, she got into an argument with her aunt & sent back to her mom.
With a book bag, one pair of jeans, the flip flops she had on, a few shirts.
That's it!
Do you think they bothered to send her clothes via mail?
Did anyone bother to take her shopping?
Did anyone realize this is her senior year and the last thing she wants to do is look like a total bum?
I am just so mad!
So I told her she had a $100 limit & to buy what she needed most.
She picked a pair of jeans, 4 tops, underwear, & a bra.
We couldn't find any shoes because she wears a 5 1/2 & she didn't like the selection.
Ali prefers converse, vans, etc.
I stopped by my house & gave her 2 coats that I had.
They were from my smaller days so luckily they fit her.
And I gave her 3 pairs of pants to lounge in (yoga/gym pants)- again from my smaller days.
Oh & to make matters worse.
She told me she hasn't been home in a month.
She's living with her boyfriend (& his mom & sister). He is 21 & she is 17.
I asked did her mom meet his mom...NO.
Who is taking to you to school...my boyfriend's mom.
I asked her why is her cell phone cut off...mom didn't pay it.
Soooo...your mom is allowing you to live with your 21 year old boyfriend
& she has no way to call you? Yes.
I told her she can come live with us.
But of course...she's not going to do that!
Me & her sorry ass mom haven't spoken in over 6 years because of her lifestyle choices and her bad parenting. And we've known each other since kindergarten!
This poor girl has just had the roughest life because of her.
I am just really angry, upset, & annoyed by the whole situation & don't know what to do.

That is crazy, I don't understand how people can just ignore the fact that they have a child to raise!! I'll be saying a prayer tonight for that poor girl!
ReplyDeleteoh man sounds like a weekend from hell ! keep your chin up I am sure things will get better !
ReplyDeletewow...some people just aren't meant to be parents...but that is really great of you to help her out.
ReplyDelete