Thursday, January 12, 2012

Need a BFF?

I ran across this website while reading another blog. 
It's called MWF seeking BFF.
You have GOT to read it.
I was instantly hooked!

She even has a book that I definitely plan to buy!

I definitely have some great friends, but sadly as you get older a lot of people put friendships to the side. You get married, have kids, have a career, move away, etc. A majority of my true friends live across the country and the few that here are super busy.

I think about this often. It's hard not having a true BFF there with you. 
For those who do, you're lucky!
And the older you get, the harder it is to make friends. 

I think social networking actually doesn't help matters. People feel if they "like" a status update it's an acknowledgement that they read your update. We comment on pictures or leave general comments...but it's not the same thing. Yes we can see what everyone is up to on a daily basis, but we're missing the physical connections since we all spend SO much time on the computer.

Has anyone else experienced this or feel like they need a BFF? 
I'm not trying to replace any of my friends by any means, but it would be nice to have someone I could call or go out with here locally.

2 comments:

  1. I totally get this, life gets in the way and being busy makes it hard to keep good solid friendships! BUT when I had my daughter I joined Mommy groups and I made several friendships and one other Mom and I really connected and we get together all the time and it's wonderful! So, sometimes a new direction in your life can lead to new awesome people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree.
    I have a BFF but we don't get to see each other as much as I would like.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS