Instead of work today I had jury duty. It was my first time ever being called so I was actually pretty excited about it. I got there at 8:30 and it became a long waiting game.
I thought it was really odd that they asked for people to declare their hardships out loud, about why they wouldn't be able to serve. That should be done in private. There were people saying "I've been in prison", "I'm a caregiver for a parent", "I have a job interview tomorrow." Whatever the reason, it wasn't everyone's business.
After waiting several hours (thank God I brought a book) we were all dismissed. Apparently everyone pled guilty so there was no need for a trial. Everyone else cheered but I actually wanted to participate bc it would be mean no work this week. LOL! Oh well, at least I got one day off right? And I got paid $25, whoop whoop! I won't spend it all in one place. :)
Have any of you ever served on jury duty?
Moving on...
What reality shows is everyone watching right now?
Tonight I watched Dancing with the stars.
I know Rob Kardashian is a fan favorite...and I like him...but I refuse to vote for him simply because the Kardashian ladies have just disgusted me. I know it's not his fault, but I;m still going to hold a grudge against him. Don't judge! lol
JR Martinez...his story is incredible. I feel terrible about what happened to him. But I just don't feel like he's the bets dancer. I will admit though, I haven't' watched all season.
I'm voting on my girl Ricki Lake. I like her and I thought she was great tonight.
And finally I have to add I am very disappointed in the Nascar fans in Florida, for booing Michelle Obama on Sunday. Even if you don't like the president & the first lady, have some damn respect.
I read a comment from a blog that said,
"If she's campaigning, I think it's fine to boo or heckle. However, she was appearing at the race in a position of honor, as a grand marshal, and she should have been welcomed as such. If one doesn't like her or the decisions of her husband, simply stand quiet during her introduction."
I couldn't agree more.

1. I secretly want to get picked for jury duty too :)
ReplyDelete2. RICKI! RICKI!
3. I think it's horrible what the Nascar fans did. Show atleast a little respect.