Friday night was my sis-in-law's 30th birthday....and she wanted to go to dinner at Applebee's. They recently renovated all the local Applebee's so its "hip" to hang out there again. They have karaoke on Friday nights so it has a lounge vibe...kind of.
Now mind you, this is the same Applebee's that I had THIS terrible experience at a few weeks ago.
The dinner started at 8, but we all knew we wouldn't be seated right away bc we had a party of 20. That is understandable. But we got seated at 10:15pm...TWO HOURS AND 15 MINUTES! I was beyond annoyed. And then it took another hour before our food arrived. We didn't leave until after midnight! WTF?
We didn't so much as get an apology for the wait, no free desert for the birthday girl, NOTHING.
Seriously Applebee's, that was strike 2.
We got her this pretty necklace via my fav, QVC.
Saturday was pretty low key. We hung out at home & had some friends over as usual.
Of course the hubby is SO happy that college football was back. I was disappointed with Georgia but happy as hell about LSU. He went to college in Louisiana so he's a big LSU fan.
Sunday we threw a bbq for labor day/ sis-in-law's 30th. Her hubby cooked all the wonderful food. We had a houseFULL of people alllll day.
I of course got my 1 hour of True Blood in. I am so sad it's almost over bc is just so good. I am glad they finally killed the witch but annoyed that she is going to be back next week via Lafayette...which means they're going to leave us with a big cliff hanger until next year!
Of course the hubby is SO happy that college football was back. I was disappointed with Georgia but happy as hell about LSU. He went to college in Louisiana so he's a big LSU fan.
Sunday we threw a bbq for labor day/ sis-in-law's 30th. Her hubby cooked all the wonderful food. We had a houseFULL of people alllll day.
I of course got my 1 hour of True Blood in. I am so sad it's almost over bc is just so good. I am glad they finally killed the witch but annoyed that she is going to be back next week via Lafayette...which means they're going to leave us with a big cliff hanger until next year!
Ahh Monday...that god for holidays! I was so glad to be off. The hubby & I hung out at home most of the day. It was rainy here...and there is no place like home on days like this. When it finally stopped, we went to the mall because I heard Dillards was having their annual 65% of shoe sale.
I scored these lovely nude shoes by Jessica Simpson for $20! I saw Kim Kardashian tweeted something about nude shoes making your legs look longer, yaddi yadda, and I didn't own a pair of nude shoes, so for $20 why not. Now I have to find something to wear them with and wear them to. So now I'm on the hunt for a cute dress to wear for my birthday...3 weeks away!
Back to the work week...I hope it goes by quickly for everyone! :)

urgh i hate applebees to !! they have the worst service and the food isn't all that great either! I'm not a fan !
ReplyDelete