Thursday, September 8, 2011

Blaze of Glory

Not the song by Bon Jovi...the hubby almost set our house on fire...more on this shortly.

First, we all went out to dinner to celebrate our friend Qwan's birthday. We ate at Texas Roadhouse. My new thing is order a sweet potato instead of a baked potato. OMG they taste SO much better & apparently better for you anyways.

Birthday boy & his son

Qwan & his sister

So after dinner we got home & the house was FILLED with smoke. Hubby left a pot of fabuloso burning.  His aunt lets a pot of fabuloso & water simmer on the stove top and it really does scent the entire house. Obviously it was a mistake, but it scared me to death. My poor Bebe could have been burned alive.  .

So now of course I am thinking about not only the fact that I could have lost my furry baby, but my home, and all of my important things like pictures and just documents. So I am on a mission now to get things organized, get copies made of things, and get my items stored outside of the home. You just never know. In the blink of an eye, it can all be gone!

Does anyone watch Toddlers & Tiaras? I don't mind beauty pagents for kids but that show takes it to the extreme. Who in the hell would dress their daughter as a freakin prostitute for a beauty pageant and think it's ok? Seriously! Be prepared to be amazed...




Yes... that cute little girl is dressed as Julia Roberts from Pretty Woman! 
Lord have mercy! 
That's all I can say about that without cursing like a sailor on here.

So what do you guys think of the new blog template? I love it! I've always loved grey & yellow together. If you are looking for a new design, for the cost of 0 dollars, visit the Cutest Blog on the Block! They have several designs to chose from!

*update on the bank robbers...it wasn't my bride's father! *whew*

2 comments:

  1. SO glad to hear that your house is fine! Sorry about the scare though :( One of my biggest fears is my house catching fire with my fur-babies inside!
    T&T makes me crazy! The first episode I ever saw was one where a 3 year old SCREAMED bloody murder while her mom made her get her eyebrows waxed. I'm 28 years old and I've been waxing for 13+ years and it still hurts me. I can't imagine how it felt on 3 year old skin!! Poor baby!!
    LOVE <3 the new blog design! CBOTB is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I even bought these stickers for my doors that let people know there is a pet inside. You can order them for free from the ASPCA- http://www.aspca.org/about-us/free-aspca-stuff/free-pet-safety-pack.aspx.

    Thanks girl about the new blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS