Sunday, September 11, 2011

Auburn vs Mississippi State

We had a GREAT time at the game Saturday! 
It was both mine & the hubby's first time at an SEC game.

We both decided to dress for the occasion & support Auburn. Our friends who invited us are Auburn fans, and I know most die hard UGA or LSU fans would never wear another team's gear, but to us, it's just not that serious. We enjoy all SEC teams & rivals!

Guess what...I took pics! Finally!!

 To get in the spirit I went out to look for whatever orange & blue attire I could find. I didn't go with a team shirt bc I knew it would be unlikely that I'd wear it again. So here's my game day attire.


 I also found this Auburn necklace which I think is so adorable. 
And I have some friends that are true Auburn fans that I can pass it along to.

 Hubby found this shirt on clearance for $10! 
I was SO shocked that we was willing to wear an Auburn shirt.

As soon as we got to Auburn we had lunch at Five Guys. We really like that place yall! lol! Something about those malt vinegar fries! YUM! 

Pic of me & my friend  Julye after lunch

 me & the hubby


Afterwards we decided to go the bar next door to kill some time before the game. When we walked in we heard people cheering and we realized...we were late for the game. We were still on GA time instead of Auburn time! So we speed walked to the stadium asap. The emptiness on the streets should have been a clue! lol!

When we finally got there, we had these fabulous views of the game...








But to be honest...I probably missed 90% of the game. It was just TOO hot to sit out there. I felt my heart racing and I was getting dizzy. And that was it for me.  I went down to the covered corridor for the rest of the game pretty much. People were passing out left & right and being taken out on stretchers. I drank a coke & 3 bottled waters and I was still too hot. I don't think I will be going to any more games while it's still hot like this.

If anyone watched the game, you know it was SO good with a great ending. The team spirit in Auburn is just amazing. It makes me wish I could turn back time & go to a big school like that.

After the game it's of course tradition to go to Toomer's Corner to roll the trees!
Yall can click  on that link and watch a live feed of Toomer's Corner. 
I hate it for the people who have to clean up all that toilet paper! Ha!






After this we went to a bar for drinks, then to Mos for some bbq, & then we headed home.
We had a GREAT time at our first SEC game! I am looking forward to going to some more...but definitely when it's cooler!

We got home in time to watch the last part of the UGA game. Talk about MAD.  I have no words for that. And right after that we watched Notre Dame v Michigan. I was rootin for Notre Dame bc my dad was from Indiana. So I've always like them. Not a huge fan, but I do cheer for them if I catch a game. And THAT was definitely another crazy football game. Lord!! And of course LSU won, although we didn't get to watch any of their game. Hubby was very happy about that of course.
I never thought I'd spend a whole Saturday dedicated to football! 

So how did your teams do Saturday? 

And I just want to ad a note since today is 9/11/11....10 years since one of the most terrible days in American History. Let us never forget those we lost in this horrific attack. And let us all pray for all the families & friends directly affected, as well as all Americans period.
We are supposed to be going to a neighborhood remembrance party  later on this evening. I thought it was really nice that one of our neighbors decided to host this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS