Every since hubby & I have been together, we've always had someone living with us. We have no kids, and we always had extra rooms, so if someone was in need, we are there. We've been together since 2002 so when we lived in our first apartment, we had 2 different friends live with us. Then we moved to another apartment, and we had a friend stay with us there. Then we moved into our house and we've had 2 of his friends, 1 of my girlfriends and her 2 kids, another girlfriend and her husband, and then finally another one of hubby's friends.
Everyone always asks "how can yall do that" but to us its simple. These people are our friends, and if a friend need help, you help them. It was never to get anything in return. We just always felt like if we had the room, why not?
However, as of August 9th, we were officially house guest free. So I am now in redecorating mode. I am in the process of picking out new paint color, linens, curtains, light fixture, side tables, lamps...pretty much the works. The guest room is currently painted purple because when my girlfriend with the kids moved in, she had a new baby girl and I thought purple would be fun. But I am OVER it now.
So I am thinking about a blue like this:
Here are a few inspiration pics (they are all over the place, as far as style goes):
We currently have a queen guest bed with a brown leather headboard. As much as I'd like to get something different, we literally just bought it a few months ago so I have to work around it.
Everyone always asks "how can yall do that" but to us its simple. These people are our friends, and if a friend need help, you help them. It was never to get anything in return. We just always felt like if we had the room, why not?
However, as of August 9th, we were officially house guest free. So I am now in redecorating mode. I am in the process of picking out new paint color, linens, curtains, light fixture, side tables, lamps...pretty much the works. The guest room is currently painted purple because when my girlfriend with the kids moved in, she had a new baby girl and I thought purple would be fun. But I am OVER it now.
So I am thinking about a blue like this:
Here are a few inspiration pics (they are all over the place, as far as style goes):
We currently have a queen guest bed with a brown leather headboard. As much as I'd like to get something different, we literally just bought it a few months ago so I have to work around it.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!