Having a baby has been on my mind a lot in the last few years. The feeling of wanting to have a child increases with each year. I am 33 so my clock is ticking.
We knew we were going to have trouble getting pregnant because one doctor told me both of my tubes were blocked. But after having 2 miscarriages last year, my current doctor thinks something must have changed. So we are going to have another HSG test done. If you're trying to get pregnant and having problems, your doctor may have had you do this. It was very painful imo. But it is very helpful to determine what's going in. They inject a dye through your cervix and uterus with a catheter and then an X-ray is taken to show if your tubes are blocked or not.
I also started taking Metformin last year which I think really helped. I am kind of pissed at myself for not taking it sooner. My doctor prescribed it to me a few years ago and after day 1 I stopped because it did not agree with me. This time around I decided to take it at night instead of in the morning and it's been fine.
I am beyond frustrated with this entire process. It makes me mad to see some people who don't want kids or don't do right by their kids, get pregnant SO easy.
It really annoys me that so many women are having these same issues. I am by no means one of those people who are paranoid and thinks the government is out to get us...but when I read & hear story after story about couples going through the SAME EXACT THING...it does make me wonder. I don't get how so many of us can be going through this same situation. Is it a government plot to control the population? Ok, I know that's being extreme. But my frustration with this makes me crazy.
I am calling my doctor today to go ahead and schedule this exam. I am optimistic and dream of the day I can announce we're pregnant. I have boards on my pinterest account (follow me if you're on there) with images of baby showers, kids birthday party ideas, etc. I am SO ready to be a mommy! Names are already picked out, baby rooms planned, etc! Pray for me & all the other families going through this.
We knew we were going to have trouble getting pregnant because one doctor told me both of my tubes were blocked. But after having 2 miscarriages last year, my current doctor thinks something must have changed. So we are going to have another HSG test done. If you're trying to get pregnant and having problems, your doctor may have had you do this. It was very painful imo. But it is very helpful to determine what's going in. They inject a dye through your cervix and uterus with a catheter and then an X-ray is taken to show if your tubes are blocked or not.
I also started taking Metformin last year which I think really helped. I am kind of pissed at myself for not taking it sooner. My doctor prescribed it to me a few years ago and after day 1 I stopped because it did not agree with me. This time around I decided to take it at night instead of in the morning and it's been fine.
I am beyond frustrated with this entire process. It makes me mad to see some people who don't want kids or don't do right by their kids, get pregnant SO easy.
It really annoys me that so many women are having these same issues. I am by no means one of those people who are paranoid and thinks the government is out to get us...but when I read & hear story after story about couples going through the SAME EXACT THING...it does make me wonder. I don't get how so many of us can be going through this same situation. Is it a government plot to control the population? Ok, I know that's being extreme. But my frustration with this makes me crazy.
I am calling my doctor today to go ahead and schedule this exam. I am optimistic and dream of the day I can announce we're pregnant. I have boards on my pinterest account (follow me if you're on there) with images of baby showers, kids birthday party ideas, etc. I am SO ready to be a mommy! Names are already picked out, baby rooms planned, etc! Pray for me & all the other families going through this.



I totally know what you are going through. Infertility just plain sucks. I'm with you on the HSG, you couldn't pay me to have to do that again. I hope you can get some answers and can make a plan to move forward. Everything we are putting ourselves through will all be worth it in the end. At least that's what I tell myself!
ReplyDeleteYou too!?!!! It is just unreal to me the # of women going through this.
ReplyDeleteYes, I went through 6 months of clomid, metformin with no success and then we found out I have a blocked tube. I'm starting the IVF process now and hoping its the answer we've been looking for. Good luck on your next HSG.
ReplyDeleteBoth of mine were supposedly blocked & I was told IVF was our only option. I even looked into http://ivfvacation.com/ after seeing a story on CNN about them. Its just all so frustrating.. I'll be praying for you too girl! :)
ReplyDelete