It's been a busy week, sorry for not posting sooner!
Here's what we've been up to....
Last weekend we were supposed to be cruising to the Bahamas, but we rescheduled it since we decided to go to Vegas for the 4th. So last Monday we decided to take a day trip to Panama City Beach. The hubby has never been and it's been on his bucket list for a while. Sad considering PCB is only 3 hours away.
So Monday we hopped in the new car and took the 3 hour drive to PCB. Our first stop when we got there was Pineapple Willy's for lunch. Every time I go to PCB I have to have a pina colada!
After lunch we spent the next several hours just hanging out on the beach. It was so relaxing!
When we got in the water the hubby was hesitant. He's really freaked out by the idea of fish & sharks & waves. LOL! The further I kept trying to get him to go the more annoyed he got. He finally told me, "Look, you married a black man. And black folks don't play with the Ocean. This is as far as I am going!" Oh it was SO funny!! So we stayed close to beach to keep him at ease!
When we got back home, we got some bad news. BOTH of the hubby's grandparents were in the hospital. His grandmother was already in for heart failure & rheumatoid arthritis but they had now moved her to an isolation room with clean air. You have to wear a mask & gloves to enter. They said she's going to be there for a while. And his grandfather is in because he blacked out one day while getting out of his car and fell down & hit his head. He was released in 24 hours, but then it happened again. So now they are both in the hospital. It's definitely sad to see them like that. They have been married over 50 years, have 10 kids, and they are just great people. I pray they both get well soon.
Hubby with his grandfather
The other bad news we got was that my friend Latrece, who has been cancer free for over 1 year was back in the hospital. She had something called radiation recall where the radiation that she had done had come back somehow. Her breast was inflamed and hot to the touch. She was hospitalized and then they found her kidneys were not functioning properly. Luckily with some good medicine they have got her stabilized and feeling better again! She lives in Chicago so I hate I couldn't be there. But I am so thankful she is ok!
Latrece & I at our wedding in 2004

This weekend I'll be going to a surprise bbq for a former wedding client, now friend. She's graduating from college, finally pregnant, and I am so happy for her!
This is an image I took from her Bridal Session!
Isn't she gorgeous!?

Tomorrow the hubby's mom has to work all day so we won't be able to properly celebrate with her. We will be taking my mom out to eat. She loves Chinese buffets (yuck) but it's her day so that's where I'll be!
pic of mom & I from 2007
Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mom's & soon-to-be mom's!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!