Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tex Mex Night

This past Thursday was our weekly dinner party & the theme was Tex Mex! It's nothing real fancy, but I do enjoy meeting with friends & family once a week to catch up. Everyone brings a dish & then we discuss the upcoming week's theme over dinner.

On the menu for Tex Mex night was...

Enchiladas courtesy of Lilly & Alanzo!

White Chicken Chili Soup courtesy of Jason!
Southwestern Chicken & Spanish rice courtesy of the hubby!

And I didn't snap a pic of the Mango Salsa & Nachos courtesy of Lillian!

Everything was so good! I will post that recipe of the white chicken chili soup Jason made! It was so so good! There was none left & everyone kept complimenting on it.

Then we also have my brother who brings the drinks, Tom who brings the plates, bowls, cups, & napkins, & Vu who brought cheesecake & ice cream sandwiches for dessert...MEN! lol

When we initially started the parties I would use the good plates & glasses & flatware. Then after 2 dinner parties I got tired of washing all those dishes. So we moved into paper plates & cups. We kept using the good flatware for a few more weeks & then we decided that too was too much (keep in mind we usually have 10-20 people over each Thursday)!

We didn't decide on the next theme because the men were distracted since there was a game on. Y'all know how men get when sports are involved. Ha!


Mini Weekend Recap:

Friday we did a lotto pot with a group of 13 friends. Each person put in $5 for the Mega Millions since it was at $304 million. You always hear stories of groups winning so we gave it a try. So we had 70 chances at winning and...well...we didn't win. So it's back to work Monday morning.

I spent Saturday doing a boudoir photo session for a friend. On the way there the hubby's truck just died. I managed to get out of traffic & pull into a church parking lot. We had it towed back home & Monday we'll take it in to see what's going on. I was so annoyed because my car is not running. Well, it runs but it's making a crazy ticking sound and it leaves a huge white cloud of smoke when I accelerate. I've been carpooling for about 3 weeks now. If any of you have a Mercedes you know that car repairs are EXPENSIVE AS HELL. I really regret buying that car. It's looks & rides great, but if something goes wrong, you better be ready to pay. I can't wait to get rid of that thing & get a new car. I was hoping to make it to next year when it was paid off but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

Today I'm going to my friend's house to finish up the boudoir photos. She's making a sexy calendar for her hubby (anniversary gift) and she did 12 different looks. Tomorrow she's doing a mermaid look which requires body painting. My fabulous MUA (make up artist) friend Tamara is going to put her artsy skills to work! I can't wait to see what she comes up with. I'll have to ask her if she will at least let me post a picture of her face make-up on here.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS