Monday, March 21, 2011

Dining Room Makeover (Part 1)

I'm sure everyone has seen the striped walls in various blogs....well I've debated jumping on this bandwagon for some time and finally decided to do it.

Our dining room has been taped off (thanks to hubby & Vu) & we'll be painting it this afternoon! The walls are already beige so we'll just be adding white stripes. We chose to go with thicker stripes, 12" to be exact.

And as I was typing this blog, I happened to learn that starting April 1st, Frog Tape is starting a contest called "Earn Your Stripes"! The grand prize is $5000! woo hoo! I started this project at the right time! So if any of you were thinking of doing stripes, now's the time!
(I was not paid to promote this, as stated above I just came across it!)

My only problem now is I don't have a pic of the dining room without the frog tape! DANG IT! Do I remove the tape & take a before picture for a chance at the $5000?
Decisions, Decisions!

Anyways, here are the before pictures or should I say the during the taping pictures...

Vu & hubby making sure the stripes are straight!

Frog Tape of course!

This area was a little tricky.

Done with the second wall.

The room already looks different!

All taped & ready for paint.

My inspiration!
Now to find some affordable chevron curtains!
image via.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS