You've got to get up and change it yourself!
I heard this on a tv show tonight.
And it is SO true.
I've been feeling so anxious, nervous, and excited about my career change.
Monday I signed my application to become an insurance agent.
Wednesday I paid for my fingerprints/background check.
Today I am going to have all my paperwork notarized and sent off.
Do you ever think about how we are all conditioned to do the same thing?
Finish High School.
Graduate from College.
Get a great job.
Get Married.
Have Kids.
Save Money.
Retire.
And somewhere in between all of that, we have to somehow manage to be ourselves and enjoy life.
I can check off 5 of those things on that list.
But even though I've followed this general life guideline, I've come to realize that is not necessarily the way life happens for most people. And even if it does, it doesn't necessarily mean it was the best decision. I see so many middle aged people who always tell me:
Follow your dreams!
I wish I could turn back time.
I would've done things differently.
I wish I would have at least tried.
I should've done that.
Source: imgfave.com
No matter what you do or how you live, everyone has a few regrets.
I just don't want my regrets to be because of money.
I have stayed at this job for the sole purpose of money.
Money shouldn't be the sole reason for working.
My husband ALWAYS tell me:
"That job doesn't make you. Don't let that job consume you.
You are better than that. Don't ever think that you NEED that job, because you can always find something else that will make you happy."
(I always tell him he needs to be a motivational speaker.)
(I always tell him he needs to be a motivational speaker.)
Source: media-cache2.pinterest.com
I've had several friends wish me luck, congratulate me, tell me they're proud of me...
and then of course there are a few haters.
The one's who are saying:
Good luck, you're gonna need it in this recession.
It's so saturated, are you sure you want to quit.
Well maybe you'll change your mind and come back.
Those comments DO make me nervous about this decision.
And it causes doubt.
But I keep telling myself,
You'll never know unless you try.
I say this over & over.
If you have a dream to work for yourself, try it.
Don't let the haters get to you.
I just wanted to document my feelings on this career change so I can look back at the beginning of my new journey. I'm giving up a lot of money and security to take a chance on doing what I want to do. And not what society tells me I should do.
And I'm ok with that.

You are going to do great! The haters are all just jealous they don't have the courage to do what you are doing. Good Luck!
ReplyDelete