Last Sunday night I started itching uncontrollably. On my face, arms, back, stomach- all
over my body!
I was itching so bad that it was actually beginning to hurt.
Monday morning I woke up feeling like crap again.
I couldn't get a doctor's appointment until Tuesday so I
just soaked my hands and face in ice cold water
to relieve the itching.
At first thought, I was thinking I caught something from Bebe
because she was scratching too.
Well hubby took Bebe to the Vet Tuesday and turns out
she had an allergic reaction to all the pollen.
No fleas or mites, thank God!
So they gave her a steroid shot and she was all better.
So my doctor's appointment was a few hours later and
turns out I had an allergic reaction to the pollen too!
My doctor prescribled me some steroid pills,
zyrtec, and benadryl.
Yes all 3!
I instantly felt better.
This was me Tuesday Morning,
Swollen Lips & Eyes.
Although the itching went away with medicine, the
steroids made me feel like complete SHIT the next day!
I had the WORST heartburn that woke me up at 8am and lasted til 4am.
My eyes and face were so puffy and swollen.

I seriously thought I was having a heart attack all day.
My body was sore, my arms hurt, and I had to lay on my
left side all day!
So I refused to take the steroids again.
I stuck to the Zyrtec which relieved my itching.
For the heartburn I tried Ginger Ale, Tums, water, mustard, toothpaste,
and finally got some Zantac 150 which helped.
I'm much better now but only taking the Zyrtec each day.
No more steroids for me- ever!
I can't believe pollen can do this to people!


Eeek...hope you feel better love!
ReplyDelete