Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rough Weekend

It has been a ROUGH memorial day weekend for us. 

It started Thursday with a trip to the ER for me. 
I thought I was having a miscarriage (based on past experience).
But thankfully I wasn't pregnant, it wasn't a miscarriage, instead it was 
"Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding."
In layman's terms, "One HELL of a period."
And that's putting it lightly.
So I spent my 5 day weekend on a recliner in pain.
MINUS the wedding I had to shoot Saturday, with the help of lots of pain meds.
 It was rough, but I got through it.



Hubby actually went to Atlanta for the weekend.
He typically goes every memorial day for the annual Caribbean Carnival (LWLH, your hubby would love this festival) and for one of his friend's birthdays. He felt so bad leaving me, but I told him I had good drugs so I'd be fine. 
He was back bright & early Sunday though and by then I was feeling much better.

And then MONDAY came.
We got a call from his mom to go to the hospital because his grandmother was not doing too good.
She was on her way to her daily dialysis and "fell asleep" in the car.
When his aunt pulled up to the center and tried to wake her up, she was unresponsive.
They rushed her to the hospital but it was too late.
She died.

Everyone is at peace knowing that she isn't in pain and isn't suffering anymore.
But the worst part is seeing his grandfather cry.
This August would have been 56 years of marriage!

So for the next few days they'll be planning the funeral and I volunteered to do the funeral programs. 
I've been looking online and on Etsy (which surprisingly Etsy had nothing).
If yall know of any good websites let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, Big Man would love that. He wants to go back to St. Thomas to Carnival again.

    And oh my, that is so sad...I'll be keeping your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo sorry to hear about your husband's grandmother. Losing my grandmother was one of the hardest things I'll ever have to face so my heart goes out to y'all. My grandparents had been married 50 years when my grandma died. I'll be praying for y'all!!
    I'm glad you are feeling better too and that it wasn't something more serious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS