Sorry again for the lack of blogging!
This past weekend was crazy.
Saturday we celebrated the hubby's grandmother's 81st birthday.
More on that in another post.
Sunday...I slipped while stepping out of the shower and landed on my head.
OUCH!
We had just mopped the floor and moved the bath mat so I literally
did a split coming out of the shower & then somehow managed to land on my head
& my whole right side of my body.
I screamed for hubby & he said he thought I was just yelling for some TP so he didn't rush! lol.
When he saw me sprawled out on the floor he went in to doctor mode.
Luckily there was no blood.
Just a LOT of pain.
My first thought was of Natasha Richardson dying in the skiing accident.
Then my second thought went to breast cancer because of how hard I landed on my right side.
And the reason I thought of cancer was because I read somewhere about how it is thought that cancer is caused by traumatic injuries.
So now I am super paranoid.
I went to an an urgent care center & I passed several neurological tests (I felt like I was doing the macarena to be completely honest.
The doctor (who looked like he was 25 years old)was just giving me this odd smirk the entire time. He kept saying he didn't think I needed an xray and that I would be ok. He kept asking, "Sooo...do you want some pain meds or something?" I felt like he thought I was an addict! So even though I did want some pain meds, I said no. I just bought some OTC 500mg Bayer which did the trick.
I was VERY annoyed.
Also...while in the waiting room there was a young couple arguing. Apparently while the boyfriend was being seen by the doctor, it started raining. The girlfriend didn't notice and he was mad because he left his sunroof open. He started fussing at her in the waiting area. He was dropping F-bombs left & right. There was an old lady in the room who got upset & said "EXCUSE ME!" And the guy turned around and said "You can excuse yourself." And she said "You need to take that language outside." And he said, "You better learn your place before I put you in your place." And the girlfriend calmed the guy down & the nurse called the old lady in to be seen.
Even as the lady went to the back, the couple continued to argue until they finally called him for his prescription & they left. When I went to be seen, the lady came out & talked to my hubby before she left. She said she just couldn't take the arguing and the way he was talking to her because she had been in an abusive relationship. She said she was scared that the guy was gonna hurt her. My hubby reassured her that if that guy had gotten up he would have intervened.
Hubby says he thought he was on "What would you do?" LOL!
Thankfully I am feeling better.
Still sore in certain places, but no scratches or bruises.

OMG! I'm so glad you're ok! I know that had to be scary!
ReplyDeleteAnd the people in the waiting room...geez louise! I hope the guy didn't go nuts on her when they left. And if he did, I hope she called for help. It's amazing to me the places people will act like that...and in front of an old woman! He should be ashamed.
Ouch girl....glad your ok and that guy at the doctor, ewww what a douche.
ReplyDelete