If you have (or haven't) had the pleasure of participating in a blog swap, then you've come to the right place to learn about what to do & what NOT to do.
This post came about do to a recent swap I participated in.
I was paired with a wonderful swap partner, but sadly, others weren't so lucky.
Some people got nothing, some got broken toys, & some got used items!
WHO DOES THAT?
I don't want to assume everyone knows what a blog swap is, but the easiest way to explain it is:
A host decides on a theme, a dollar/purchase limit is set, you purchase items, & most importantly:
you send the gift to the blogger you are paired with by a certain date!
You may have heard some good & bad things about blog swaps, such as:
Made new blog friends
Received great items
Had lots of fun seeing what everyone got
OR
Didn't get shit
Got crappy items
Person stopped replying to emails
If you are going to participate in a swap, PLEASE follow through!
The rules are pretty simple & you know up front what you are supposed to do.
It is beyond rude when someone takes the time to go shopping for you, spend their money, go to the post office, send you a gift...to get nothing in return or get shitty items.
Excuse my french, but there is no other way to put it!
I've been burned by blog swaps, but that hasn't stopped me from participating.
I have a lot of fun with them & I'm always looking forward to the next swap.
So if you don't know what to do, here's a simple list of do's & don'ts!
If you'd like a copy of the above image, email me at lawtonlane (at) (ymail) (dot) (com).



totally agree with all of this! i love swaps and fortunately i haven't had a bad partner (yet) but i have heard more than one sucky experience (and recently) I think that is so rude. Some people just ruin things for no reason!
ReplyDeleteAmen to this...
ReplyDeleteThough I love participating in swaps I will really rethink hosting one again. I was so stressed trying to figure it out and like you said when others stopped returning emails. I'm sorry for your crappy experience girl, but these rules are great.