Tonight the hubby & I went to dinner with my mom & brother to celebrate my birthday a little early since we'll be out of town this weekend. I chose Texas Roadhouse because I was craving their chicken salad for some reason.
After dinner we came home, I watched all the coverage on the Troy Davis case.
I have to admit, I am disgusted with the way things turned out. No one knows the truth besides GOD, Troy, & the victim. But one thing I thought this country stood by was "proof beyond a reasonable doubt." And if there is any doubt, then how can we kill someone? It's not about race. It's about justice.
To the people celebrating Troy's death, I say this...
If it were your son, brother, or dad in this situation & there was even a slight possibility that he could be innocent, what would you do?
An eye for an eye leaves both eyes blind...

Ok--I am SO jealous. I LOVE Texas Roadhouse but there isn't one anywhere near me :( YUM!
ReplyDeleteI am really sad about Troy Davis too. It makes me sick to think that he might have lost his life for no reason. It also makes me sick that there are people that don't even get life for murders we KNOW they committed while people like Troy, whose case is surrounded by all sorts of doubt, are put to death. I think it atleast warranted a closer look at the evidence!!
Exactly! I don't know if he's guilty or innocent, but if there's ANY doubt, they shouldn't have killed him! :(
ReplyDelete