I can't lie, I absolutely hate to cook. But ever since I joined the blog world & reading about all yalls recipes I've started cooking a lot more. This week I tried 2 new recipes...
First I tired Pizza Pull Apart Bread that I found on Dworianyn Love Nest's blog.
1 (3.5 ounce) package pepperoni, halved
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
pizza/marinara sauce for dipping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Serve over rice with slices of bananas!!
First I tired Pizza Pull Apart Bread that I found on Dworianyn Love Nest's blog.
Ingredients
1 unsliced round loaf Italian bread
12-16 ounces Provolone cheese, thinly sliced1 (3.5 ounce) package pepperoni, halved
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
pizza/marinara sauce for dipping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting through the bottom crust.
Place bread on a foil-lined baking sheet and insert cheese slices and pepperoni between cuts.
Combine butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasonings & brush on top with pastry brush.
Sprinkle bread with Parmesan cheese.
Wrap bread completely in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Unwrap the bread and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and pepperoni is a little crispy.
Serve with warmed pizza sauce!
This was SO good & easy to make! It was too much for just 2 people though!
So we had to eat it over 2 days!
The next recipe I tried was Cuban Picadillo by De Su Mama!
This had ingredients I had never used before! lol!
Ingredients
~ 1lb of ground turkey (or ground beef)
~ Onion, chopped
~ Garlic, and lots of it! Minced and pressed.
~ premade GOYA sofrito
~ 8oz can of tomato paste
~ 16oz can of tomato sauce
~ 1 package of Sazon con Azafran seasoning mix, oregano, 1 bay leaf and salt/pepper
~ 1-2 pack of Raisins
~ 1lb of ground turkey (or ground beef)
~ Onion, chopped
~ Garlic, and lots of it! Minced and pressed.
~ premade GOYA sofrito
~ 8oz can of tomato paste
~ 16oz can of tomato sauce
~ 1 package of Sazon con Azafran seasoning mix, oregano, 1 bay leaf and salt/pepper
~ 1-2 pack of Raisins
~Olives
~ Oil
~ Oil
~ A bit of water to thin it out {dry white wine is used traditionally, however}
~Rice (we used brown rice)
~Sliced Fried Banana
Saute sofrito, tomato and onion, add garlic when onion is softened
Add ground turkey, breaking it up with a spatula
Add 1 package of Sazon con Azafran seasoning mix, oregano, 1whole bay leaf and salt/pepper
(take out bay leaf before serving)
Once browned, add tomato sauce and water {adding more to thin as you desire}
(I didn't add any water)
Add raisins (SOOO good when cooked) & pimentos {stuffed olives}
Let go on low/medium flame until tomato sauce is cooked through and it reduces just a bit!
I look a hot mess, but here's a pic the hubby snapped of me cooking!
(excuse the mess in the background!)
Serve over rice with slices of bananas!!
(Plantains would work great too)
This dish was SOOO flavorful & easy to make!

YAY! I am so happy that you and the Hubby enjoyed a little bit of Cuban food! My man loves this dish too!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you liked the pizza bread, it's definitely a lot for 2 people. It's great for an appetizer at a party.
ReplyDelete