*warning- this may be kinda gross*
So for the last few weeks I have been battling this very strange "thing" that started as a simple little bump on my toe. It was like a little ant bite. Of course it itched like crazy to the point where I had to pop it. It began getting worse and spreading like a fungus. There was an open wound that would not heal.
About 2 weeks later, I noticed these tiny little white bumps on one of my fingers. Again, looked like an ant bite but it itched like crazy. Then within 24 hours it began to "look" like I had these little ring worms on all my fingers. The area around my nail bed was so swollen with bumps and palms itched like crazy.
I can't even describe HOW MUCH IT ITCHED. I literally rubbed my hands together so hard that they felt like they were on fire. Then my upper arms & thighs began to itch. I had to take scalding hot showers to soothe the itch! It was TERRIBLE!
I googled everything & found all sorts of possibilities of what this could be. Everything from poison ivy to ringworm to hand herpes. Hand herpes!! I didn't know there was such a thing or how in the hell I could even get that because it's not like I'm handling ANYTHING that has herpes on it for that matter.
So I go to my doctor expecting to hear the worst news ever, and she tells me its ECZEMA. I don't know how that's possible but she prescribed me some creams ($70 worth of cream might I add) and sent me on my way. There is no history of eczema in my family at all so I have no idea why it just started all of a sudden.
Here are a few pictures of my hands!
Excuse the terrible condition of my nails, I couldn't even get a manicure for the last month!
(click on images to enlarge)
(click on images to enlarge)
Besides the prescribed lotions the doc gave me, which weren't curing the itching at all, I went out and bought probably close to $200 worth of other products. I bought Aveeno Oatmeal Bath, Aveeno shower gel, aveeno itch cream, Caladryl, Cortizone, Tecnu, & many more potions, lotions, & powders.
So I can't really say which product worked the best because I used it ALL. I am still recovering and my hands & foot still look like crap, so no manicure or pedicure for a few more weeks! I'm praying it's healed by the 4th of July so I can be ready for Vegas.
Update on the hubby's grandmother....
Be ready to be irate.
So the grandmother-in-law has been in the hospital because of ongoing cough, that turned out to be some type of bone-eating bacteria, that required surgery on her collar bone area. She's 80-years-young and needs assistance with things like going to the bathroom, taking a shower, etc. (Mind you, she is also an amputee and has only 1 leg). Well about 2 weeks ago, after the surgery, she soiled herself in the bed and rang for the nurse to come help her get cleaned up.
She buzzed for the nurse at 11am and the nurse, his name is JERED (yes I am using his real name bc I am that angry) advised her he'd be right there. At 1:30, YES 2.5 hours later, he still never showed up. So she rang again. Do you know what this MOFO said to her?
"Look lady, I am tired of you buzzing me, you ain't dying, & I told you I'd be right there!"
OMG, she called her daughter in tears because she couldn't believe he was acting like that! So of course the family went up there (they didn't call me or the hubby- I'll get to that later) and when they got there, apparently some OTHER nurses had cleaned her up and began apologizing for Jered's behavior and said they would take care of it.
We didn't get news of this until 1 day later. We were SOOOO furious! I sent a letter to the hospital (and I am still waiting for a response) and the hubby went to look for Jered to "politely discuss" how he had treated his grandmother...needless to say, he was not there.
We don't know if he was fired or moved.
I can't even express how angry I am by this. If you choose to work in the medical field, then guess what, that's your job to help those in need. I am thoroughly disgusted. She has been moved to a new facility all together and is getting wonderful treatment & care now.
ANYWAYS...
To end this on a light note...
Here is the hubby & Bebe in the man cave playing video games together.
Yes he has a headset on. :)

Oh my god, it has been a rough few weeks for you guys! That is so crazy what happened to your hands and foot. I hope they are back to normal soon. It's terrible what happened to your husbands grandma. I never understood why some people went into nursing when they seemed to hate what they were doing. I'm glad she is getting the care she deserves now.
ReplyDelete