Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'm back

*Long Blog Alert*

Ok so I finally do to a catch up blog. So what have the Lawton's been up to since July 2010...

In August we decided to remodel. We had been taking about putting in hardwood floors for some time but one day, the hubby finally decided to "just do it." I don't know why he decided to do it right before our big trip to Vegas but I am so glad he did! The hubby & friends did a great job putting them in!

Some of the friends that helped rip the carpet, paint, clean, & lay the floors!

This is the dining room!

I don't have a full before & after pic yet, but I'll search for them & do a before & after post soon!

Well in September, we spent a week in Las Vegas with lots of friends. We were there to celebrate my 33rd birthday and several of my friend's birthdays as well. We did a lot of gambling (came back with 2 whole dollars...seriously). We partied at Club Tao- which IMO is one of the best club's in Vegas!

In October, we went to New Orleans for Halloween! I went as Snooki (Jersey Shore) & my costume was a hit! All night I heard "SNOOKI!!!". I even saw Pauly D & the Situation! lol! Of course everyone stopped me for pictures. So I know I am on someones facebook page for sure!

me on Bourbon St
Valenica, myself, & Beverly
Tom, Keith, Will,
Bev, myself, & Valencia

New Orleans was fabulous! Good times!

When we got back from New Orleans, that's when we got some unexpected news. I don't know what made decide to take a pregnancy test but I did & it came back positive. This was November 10th. We had planned to go to Asheville, NC for our 6th anniversary but with this news we decided to cancel.

I was in complete shock because the doctors had told me I wouldn't be able to get pregnant unless we did in vitro. So I made an appointment for a blood test & it was confirmed. I was happy but scared...after all I had just got back from New Orleans & you know what you do in New Orleans...drink! I am not a big drinker at all, but I did drink. The ultrasound was good but they couldn't get a good heartbeat. I was scheduled to come back about 2 weeks later & unfortunately miscarried (I found out on 12/8) . While this was very devastating, it was actually a HUGE blessing. We were happy to know that I can get pregnant naturally. Keith & I became MUCH closer after this experience. It was like a renewed marriage that I can't explain. We just did a lot of talking and it made me realize I am VERY lucky to have such a wonderful husband. :) So, the doctors advised us to wait at least 3 months before we tried again. And we are almost at 3 months. So I will begin going back to the doctor very soon so we can start trying again.

Flowers from sweet hubby after the miscarriage
On to December...

We threw a Christmas & new year's party in December. Our Christmas Party was a Dirty Santa party which was hilarious. The hubby put the camera on a funky setting so all the pictures came out terrible & blurry! But the gifts included an Elvis hot coco mug set, a beer funnel, a blow up "doll", a disco light ball, etc. It was hilarious!

For New Year's we threw another house party. I have to say this was one of the best new year's. We usually go out & I have a terrible time because it's too crowded & rowdy everywhere. I am really blessed with some great friends from all walks of life. I absolutely love that I have a diverse group of friends. Everyone literally ALWAYS comments about how awesome it is that so many different people come over to our house! LOL!


Me & my Hubby

January

We started a new tradition...Thursday dinner nights! It started when our good friends Julie & Dwayne got a job transfer to NJ. We decided to have a small going away dinner. There were only 6 people...fast forward to March and we're at almost 20 people every Thursday.

We decided on doing different themes each Thursday and each person brings a dish. It works out great! So far we've had Italian, Taco Night, Steak Night, Southern Night, Asian Night, Latin Night, & Jamaican Night!
Excuse the poor lighting in this! I think the photographer had their hand over the flash!

Random pic of Keith & I in front of some of my Valentine's Day decor!
I hate I didn't have lipstick on! lol!

This was Taco Night!
And no our blinds aren't that nasty!
In fact, they're brand new so I don't why they always look so dirty in pictures! :(

February

The hubby's birthday is 2/1 so we decided to go out instead of throwing another house party!

The hubby & I
Keith & my brother
Me & my sis-in-law
As you can see, I had my hair colored RED!
For the hubby's actual birthday we took the day off & spent it in Atlanta. We went to the GA Aquarium and had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. We LOVE the Cheesecake Factory!

The next weekend we had a small Superbowl Party. I know y'all are thinking, man they sure like to party! lol

He went for Greenbay & I went for the Steelers...
and we all know what happened there!
For Valentine's Day we decided to keep it low key. I hate the long waits & crowded restaurants. So we had a nice dinner at a nearby gameroom. Sounds cheesy I know, but they have great food & we didn't have to wait! Perfect!

I also participated in the "pink swap" hosted by Monograms & Manicures! This is what I received...

I absolutely loved all my items! :)

I have several pics of all the additional dinner parties we've had from Jan to now but I will save those for another post because this is already way too long. This week our theme will of course be St Patrick's Day.

We were supposed to be going to Savannah for St Patrick's Day, but sadly one of Keith's grandmothers died and her funeral is this weekend. We'll be headed to Augusta on Friday. :(


Well that's what we've been up to since July. I hope to keep this blog updated more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS